Your Therapy and Covid-19: We are all in this Together
At the Okanagan Relationship and Wellness Centre, we are committed to all of our health and safety, as well as being committed to contributing to efforts to contain the spread of the Corona Virus in our community. While, according to the BC Centre for Disease Control, the risk to British Columbians currently remains low, we wanted you to know what kind of measures we are taking at our office to ensure your safety and the safety of our team.
- If you are sick, do not come to your appointment. You will not be charged a late cancellation fee. We are happy to re-schedule your appointment, or we can arrange to have it over video-conference. If you wish to have your appointment via video conference, please make these arrangements with your therapist.
- We are making every effort to keep our office sanitary. Hand Sanitizer will be available for your use, and you can expect that our team will sanitize surfaces in counselling offices and waiting rooms at regular intervals throughout the day.
- Wash your hands upon arrival and departing your appointment. Soap and warm water is available in the restrooms. Washroom keys will be sanitized at regular intervals.
- Cups and glasses for coffee, tea and water are sanitized before reuse. Single use paper cups will also be made available.
- If possible, avoid arriving to your appointment more than 10 minutes early. This will limit your contact with other patrons and reduce the risk of contamination.
- If you need to cough or sneeze, please do so into your sleeve.
If you have any questions about Covid-19 and your therapy, please discuss these with your counsellor. We are all in this crisis together, and it’s through communication and working together, that we will come through it.
Your Team at Okanagan Relationship & Wellness Centre
Meet Henry Sawatzky
MA; RCC and Director
Henry is a certified in Emotionally Focused Therapy and in the Gottman Method of Couples Therapy. The knowledge embodied in these two empirically validated and proven methods of couples therapy provides strategies needed to help shape your relationship into a source of strength and safe harbor your relationship and family needs in order to thrive.
Meet Helga Illig
MA; RCC and Director
Helga believes everyone has a story to tell and endeavors to work with her clients to tell their story to help them address important issues and events in their lives. It is her desire to help her clients succeed in achieving life and relationship goals. Her client centered approach begins “where you are at” in order to explore and pursue new perspectives on your life and circumstances.
Meet Terri-Lynn Kent
RSW and Associate
Terri-Lynn studied at the University of Calgary and achieved a Master’s Degree in Social Work. She has over 18 years of clinical experience in health care and Employee and Family Assistance Environments. Terri-Lynn has worked closely with individuals and families living with chronic illness, cancer, dementia, persistent pain, conflict, stress, loss, anxiety, depression, and marital separation.
Helping Families and Couples
build Healthy Relationships
We are wired to connect with, and to depend on one another.
It is how we grow and exist
Relationships naturally cycle through periods of connection, disconnection and repair. It’s through this process that they grow stronger.
Sometimes we get stuck in disconnection and lose our sense of togetherness and security.
In spite of concerted efforts to reconnect, preserve closeness, and reduce conflict, the wellness of our most important relationships can begin to feel out of our control.
At the Relationship Wellness Centre we know the road map to help you get your most important connections back on track. You can be assured that help is available for you and your family to feel secure, loved and loving.
We specialize in professional therapy services for families, individuals, Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy as well Hold Me Tight workshops.
Find out how Accessible, Responsive and Engaged you & your partner are with each other.